Updated: Dec 10, 2017
Soup is a warm, cold weather delight. I particularly love it because it serves as an easy way to pack in tons of nutrients with a satisfying taste.
Sometimes it’s just too cold out to depend on juice to get a high dose of nutrients, and soup is the perfect solution. This soup is a rich source of immune-boosting and health-promoting nutrients including vitamin C, energizing B vitamins, bone-healthy vitamin K and brain and heart-healthy folate.
Course : Soup Cuisine : American Prep time : 10 minutes Cook time : 40 minutes Total time : 50 minutes Servings : 4 minutes
• 1 head of cauliflower • 1 onion • dash of red pepper flakes • 1 cup (30 g) spinach • dash of sea salt and pepper • 2 tbsp olive oil • 1/4 tsp thyme • 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsweetened almond milk • 1 cup (250 ml) low sodium vegetable broth • sage leaf for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F (218 C).
2. Cut cauliflower into florets and slice the onion. Spread on roasting pan.
3. Toss the cauliflower and onion with the olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes on a baking sheet; sprinkle with the salt and thyme and toss again. Roast until golden and tender, about 20minutes.
4. Combine all ingredients (except garnish) in a food processor or high powered blender and blend or process on high for 2-3 minutes or until well mixed.
5. In a medium to large stockpot heat the blended soup over medium for 10-15 minutes or until warmed.
6. Serve with garnish and enjoy!